A quiet week this week, but there are a few good links for you to check out:
- David Gilbert has released FXGraphics2D 1.5, an update to his library that provides a bridge from Java2D to the JavaFX Canvas. This release provides an option (via rendering hints) to use the JavaFX text measurement API instead of the AWT equivalent. This gives better results for text placement in JFreeChart.
- Jeff Martin has posted a short video demonstrating the UI builder abilities of his SnapCode software, which can deploy to the desktop and browser.
- Samir Hadzic has a blog post about TreeTableView and sorting.
A number of interesting links this week. Enjoy!
A very quiet week this past week. I guess everyone is getting over their JavaOne overload 🙂
That’s it! I said it was a quiet week! 🙂
JavaOne is over for another year! I hope those of you that attended had a great time, learned a lot, and managed to attend some of the parties in the evening. There are a number of good links this week, so I’ll only very quickly cover them, especially as I have a lot of catching up to do after being away for a week!
JavaOne is now officially on our doorstep! This time in a week the conference will be kicking off and it’ll be yet another gathering of like-minded Java developers. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone over there for another week of catching up and learning about the latest developments. If you spot me around the place, be sure to come up and say hi 🙂
Speaking of JavaOne, because of it don’t expect a post next week – it is always quite hectic, and whilst I’ll judge it on the day, there is a high probability that there won’t be a links post next week.
- I released ControlsFX 8.40.12, which includes a number of new features and many bug fixes. Kudos goes to the whole ControlsFX team who keep this well-oiled operation ticking over, and as always, welcome to the new contributors who bring new ideas to the project. This year Eugene and I decided not to present on ControlsFX (like we have the past two or so years), but I didn’t want everyone to go without a new release just because JavaOne wasn’t forcing a release 🙂
- Adam Carroll has announced that VocabHunter v1.0.17 has been released.
- Thomas Nield has announced RxJavaFX 0.2.0 has been released, which includes CompositeObservable with Transformer functionality.