- Gerrit Grunwald is doing awesome work on TilesFX, this week improving the sizing strategy to not waste space as the tiles area is resized.
- Tom Schindl has added support in e(fx)clipse for Java 9 – great work!
- Dirk Lemmermann has posted about the benefits of writing custom layouts in JavaFX for performance and flexibility reasons. As the JavaFX UI controls tech lead, one of the core things I spend a huge amount of my time on is custom layouts, and I agree that it is an incredibly useful skill for people to have. It opens up a world of possibilities to getting exactly what you want, and often times is a far quicker way of creating the look you want, compared with using multiple nested layout containers!
A day delayed today, as New Zealand celebrated another public holiday yesterday. In any case, better late than never, so enjoy 🙂
- Tom Schindl has posted about dealing with listeners on JavaFX Observables in the e(fx)clipse runtime library.
- Nils Blum-Oeste has a long post about functional GUI programming with Clojure and JavaFX with halgari/fn-fx.
- Dan Newton has an article about JavaFX charts.
- Dirk Lemmermann has released CalendarFX 8.4.0.