- A JavaFX FlexBox layout has surfaced on GitHub. Very cool!
- Kirk Pepperdine has got a short article online about using JavaFX with JDK 11.
- Carl Dea has a post about animated effects through JavaFX callouts.
- Herb Bowie has converted his Notenik note taking application from Swing to JavaFX in Notenik 2.
- Forbes has an article online about the augmented reality scavenger hunt game coming to Oracle Code One, written in Java / JavaFX using Gluon Mobile, and running on iOS and Android.
FX Experience Has Gone Read-Only
I've been maintaining FX Experience for a really long time now, and I love hearing from people who enjoy my weekly links roundup. One thing I've noticed recently is that maintaining two sites (FX Experience and JonathanGiles.net) takes more time than ideal, and splits the audience up. Therefore, FX Experience will become read-only for new blog posts, but weekly posts will continue to be published on JonathanGiles.net. If you follow @FXExperience on Twitter, I suggest you also follow @JonathanGiles. This is not the end - just a consolidation of my online presence to make my life a little easier!
tl;dr: Follow me on Twitter and check for the latest news on JonathanGiles.net.