FX Experience Has Gone Read-Only
I've been maintaining FX Experience for a really long time now, and I love hearing from people who enjoy my weekly links roundup. One thing I've noticed recently is that maintaining two sites (FX Experience and JonathanGiles.net) takes more time than ideal, and splits the audience up. Therefore, FX Experience will become read-only for new blog posts, but weekly posts will continue to be published on JonathanGiles.net. If you follow @FXExperience on Twitter, I suggest you also follow @JonathanGiles. This is not the end - just a consolidation of my online presence to make my life a little easier!
tl;dr: Follow me on Twitter and check for the latest news on JonathanGiles.net.
by Jonathan Giles | Nov 27, 2016 | Links
- Thierry Wasylczenko has been working on JStackFX, which provides a user interface to analyse thread dumps generated by the Java jstack tool. It looks very nice!
- Edvin Syse has released TornadoFX 1.5.8, which includes a heap of improvements and some new controls such as a slideshow component.
- Alessio Vinerbi has released an updated version of his open source AnchorFX docking framework for JavaFX. This looks very nice.
- Jens Deters has released MQTT.fx 1.3.0, which includes the results of hard work on stability and performance improvements, along with some UI additions.
- Tom Schindl has two posts this week. Firstly, he has created a ‘SashPane‘ for JavaFX that has slightly different characteristics compared to the JavaFX SplitPane, and secondly he has a short post on some performance improvements he has introduced into e(fx)clipse to deal with reparenting nodes in the scenegraph.
by Jonathan Giles | Nov 20, 2016 | Links
A few nice links this week – enjoy!
by Jonathan Giles | Nov 13, 2016 | Links
- Christoph Nahr has blogged about JavaFX pane clipping, which is a very useful read for anyone wanting to put content inside a pane and clip it properly – with or without borders. This content was also added to my FXDocs project (for slowly building up a JavaFX ‘book’).
- Samir Hadzic has blogged about the new zoom feature he has added to the SpreadsheetView control, as part of ControlsFX.
- Gerrit Grunwald has created a cool clock skin for his Medusa project.
- A Markdown Writer FX project has been created to write markdown using JavaFX. This is a nice project, and it is nice to see editors exist for both markdown and asciidoc, both written in JavaFX.
- I interviewed two teams of students from Massey University on their use of Gluon Mobile in their team projects. The first team interview has now been published.
- Thomas Nield has released RxJavaFX 0.3.0, with a number of improvements.
- Manuel Mauky is working on the advanced bindings project for JavaFX.
- Markus Falkhausen is working on creating class diagrams for JavaFX.
by Jonathan Giles | Nov 6, 2016 | Links
Lots of good links – enjoy!
- Jens Deters has released FontAwesomeFX 8.13, with updated icon fonts and other bug fixes.
- Jens has also released MQTT.fx 1.2.0 recently, which includes bug fixes and some new usability improvements.
- Davild Gilbert has released an updated Orson Charts library. Orson Charts is “an open source 3D chart library for JavaFX and Swing. This release adds a change notification mechanism for the XYZSeriesCollection dataset, generics for classes throughout the API plus upgrades to the FXGraphics2D and JFreeSVG dependencies (bringing in bug fixes and other improvements).”
- Adam Carroll has released VocabHunter 1.0.18.
- Christoph Nahr has written a class diagrammer in JavaFX.
- Nicholas Jensen has written Drop Bay, an encrypted notes application built with JavaFX.