Hi all. The links for this week are up a day early because I have an early flight to catch tomorrow on my way to JavaOne Hyderabad. Conversely, next weeks links will be a day or three late as I will be traveling back home. Therefore, I think everything balances out Let’s get on with the links.
Oh – by the way – if you’re at JavaOne Hyderabad next week and you spot me, come up and say hello. I really love chatting to people, but I can’t pick the JavaFX fans from the Java EE people….and I have nothing to say to Java EE people
- JavaFX 2.1 was released this week. Along with the release, the JavaFX team included release notes, and a huge number of new articles on the JavaFX documentation site.
- I interviewed Peter Zhelezniakov regarding his work in the JavaFX team on the WebView component.
- Angela Caicedo has released part three of her video series on building your first JavaFX application.
- Kai Wähner asked (and then attempted to answer) ‘When to use JavaFX 2 instead of HTML5 for a Rich Internet Application (RIA)?’
- Andy Moncsek has blogged about how to use JavaFX 2.1 from a local maven repository (on OS X).
- Jeff Friesen has got an article up on JavaWorld about ‘pixel graphics and JavaFX‘.
- Roberto Marquez has explored the animation features in JavaFX, and has a post up discussing the early stages of using these to create a game.
Catch you all next week!