- Thierry Wasylczenko has been working on JStackFX, which provides a user interface to analyse thread dumps generated by the Java jstack tool. It looks very nice!
- Edvin Syse has released TornadoFX 1.5.8, which includes a heap of improvements and some new controls such as a slideshow component.
- Alessio Vinerbi has released an updated version of his open source AnchorFX docking framework for JavaFX. This looks very nice.
- Jens Deters has released MQTT.fx 1.3.0, which includes the results of hard work on stability and performance improvements, along with some UI additions.
- Tom Schindl has two posts this week. Firstly, he has created a ‘SashPane‘ for JavaFX that has slightly different characteristics compared to the JavaFX SplitPane, and secondly he has a short post on some performance improvements he has introduced into e(fx)clipse to deal with reparenting nodes in the scenegraph.
FX Experience Has Gone Read-Only
I've been maintaining FX Experience for a really long time now, and I love hearing from people who enjoy my weekly links roundup. One thing I've noticed recently is that maintaining two sites (FX Experience and JonathanGiles.net) takes more time than ideal, and splits the audience up. Therefore, FX Experience will become read-only for new blog posts, but weekly posts will continue to be published on JonathanGiles.net. If you follow @FXExperience on Twitter, I suggest you also follow @JonathanGiles. This is not the end - just a consolidation of my online presence to make my life a little easier!
tl;dr: Follow me on Twitter and check for the latest news on JonathanGiles.net.
What happened to FxExperience???
I’ve been travelling for the last two weeks. It’ll be back next week.