Wow, it’s September already! This year is flying by, and JavaOne is right on the door step. This week there is a bunch of interesting news: let’s get right into it!
- Osvaldo Doederlein has an article discussing how he attempted to solve a DropBox coding challenge using JavaFX. In his usual style this is an interesting and informative read.
- Irina Filippova has a detailed article discussing how to create a simple database client using the JavaFX Composer.
- The SmartFaces project is starting to embrace JavaFX, with a SpellChecker component being the latest addition to the component suite that is written in JavaFX.
- Nick Apperley announced the release of JFX Blocks 0.3, which includes new controls, and more focus on media playback functionality.
- siesiek has a simple tutorial explaining how to use the JavaFX bind functionality to center nodes in a container or scene.
- The JavaFX Cookbook website has a brief tutorial on using the JavaFX reflection API. Note that reflection is slow, so use it sparingly, and only where absolutely necessary.
That’s that for another week. I hope you found a useful link or two. Catch you all again next week 🙂