Another week, another batch of JavaFX posts for you to check out. Enjoy! 🙂
- Eric Bruno has posted an article over at Dr Dobbs about building custom controls in JavaFX, in particular a ListView control that supports multiple selection. Remember that recently FX Experience also posted an example on how to create a multiple selection ListView.
- Martijn van de Rijdt has written about building a JavaFX project with Maven using javaFX 1.3 and the JFrog JavaFX Compiler Maven Plugin.
- itssmee has blogged about recreating Radioheads ‘House of Cards’ music video in JavaFX (the original video was created in Processing). For those unsure what is being referred to, check out this YouTube video.
- Sergey Malenkov has blogged about multi-threading in JavaFX, by recreating Reversi.
- Abhilshit Soni has posted ‘Yet another JavaFX App‘, which includes a runnable demo and source code.
That’s that for another week. I hope you all found something useful in the links today, and thanks to everyone for emailing their links to me. Catch you all in a weeks time 🙂
Do you ever receive submissions from people working on real world apps? Most of the links are from people working on JavaFX, not people using JavaFX to create apps. It would be nice to see some cool apps to inspire the developers in the trenches. This might also give developers the ammunition to persuade their managers to allow JavaFX to be used on current and future projects.