It’s nearly the end of my time in California – I head back to New Zealand tomorrow evening – but before that I need to post a new JavaFX links of the week. This week there were a tonne of posts, and so this post is very long. I had to keep my comments to a minimum as otherwise the post would have been even longer. Let’s get into it!
- Following on from his first JavaFX 1.3 CSS post last week, Dean Iverson has continued with two further posts discussing what’s new in JavaFX 1.3 CSS support. They are highly recommended reading. The first post covers the topic in detail, and the second asks what this is all good for?
- Futher to these posts by Dean, the JavaFX documentation team has also posted about how to style with CSS.
- We added two new posts detailing the improvements to ListView in 1.3, in particular the introduction of cells. The first post discusses the support for dynamically variable row sizes, and the second post dives into how to create cellFactories.
- Alex Ruiz has announced that he has made progress in testing JavaFX application user interfaces. This allows for work to continue with the FEST-JavaFX project designed to make testing JavaFX applications easier.
- TimeShot is a very interesting JavaFX application I came across this week. It can create some interesting effects with photos, which you can see, and try for yourself, at the TimeShot website.
- Johannes Schneider has done a tonne of posts recently, so I can only cover the blog titles here. ‘JavaFX: Custom controls in 1.3‘, ‘JavaFX 1.3: Template for custom controls‘, ‘JavaFX Light Bulb with improved UI performance‘, ‘JavaFX: Bug in Timeline(?!)‘, ‘JavaFX: Transparency and Linux‘, ‘New JavaFX default font (Amble Condensed) looks ugly!‘, ‘JavaFX: Making a CustomNode resizable‘, ‘JavaFX: Template for resizable CustomNode‘, ‘JavaFX: How to extend CustomNode properly‘, and ‘JavaFX Bug or Feature? Panel doesn’t layout if placed in class‘
- Daniel Ziltener has blogged about the ‘on invalidate’ statement that has largely slipped by in the JavaFX 1.3 release.
- Rakesh Menon has updated his code to save a scenegraph to an image to work with 1.3.
- Peter Pilgrim has blogged about the 3D capabilities introduced in JavaFX 1.3.
- Joeri Sykora has blogged about isometric tile rendering in JavaFX 1.3 for a game he is working on.
- Patrick Champion has updated his Duke animation in JavaFX 1.3 to make use of what is new in 1.3.
Wow, that’s a heap of posts. Hope there was something there for everyone. As always, feel free to email me if you have anything you want included or to just generally discuss. Have a great week everyone