- I got around to releasing Scenic View 8.7.0 and ControlsFX 8.40.11. I didn’t quite get around to announcing these releases though – so: mystery release! 🙂 Enjoy!
- Gerrit Grunwald has another of his Friday fun components – this time one of the old style rotary phones.
- Thomas Nield has released RxJavaFX 0.1.0. RxJavaFX is a collection of RxJava bindings for JavaFX.
- Kamil Baczkowicz has released mqtt-spy 0.5.2.
- Carl Walker has written a tutorial on writing a JavaFX application in Kotlin using TornadoFX.
FX Experience Has Gone Read-Only
I've been maintaining FX Experience for a really long time now, and I love hearing from people who enjoy my weekly links roundup. One thing I've noticed recently is that maintaining two sites (FX Experience and JonathanGiles.net) takes more time than ideal, and splits the audience up. Therefore, FX Experience will become read-only for new blog posts, but weekly posts will continue to be published on JonathanGiles.net. If you follow @FXExperience on Twitter, I suggest you also follow @JonathanGiles. This is not the end - just a consolidation of my online presence to make my life a little easier!
tl;dr: Follow me on Twitter and check for the latest news on JonathanGiles.net.
Thanks to everyone involved in ControlsFX! What a great library. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the updates! Really appreciate the effort in these tools. I have one issue I am not sure if it’s just me or not. I can run ScenicView 8.7.0 from the command line java -jar scenicview.jar , however double clicking on the jar file launches it and then it immediately stops. Not sure if there is something I can set to have it work that way as it used to.
Oh man, mystery Scenic View AND ControlsFX releases? Yeah!!!