A heap of releases this week, and a few good articles too. It’s now only two months until JavaOne, so I hope everyone is starting to think about their presentations, projects, and social activities. I can’t wait to get over to San Francisco again and see you all – it is always one of the highlights of the year for me, and I hope for you all as well!
- Speaking of JavaOne, for those of you attending JavaOne this year, I am doing my seventh annual Java Desktop lunch during the week. If you are interested in attending, please register your interest here, and I’ll be in touch in the coming weeks with more details.
- Gerrit Grunwald has released a new release of his Medusa gauge library.
- Jens Deters has released FontAwesomeFX 8.12.
- Rob Terpilowski has announced that GMapsFX 2.0.7 has been released. The main feature in this version is to allow the use of custom marker/pin images, rather than relying on the default Google images.
- Carl Walker has posted about creating custom flat windows in JavaFX. This is a three-part series, all of which are available online now.
- Dirk Lemmermann has two posts this week. Firstly, he has an interview with the developers of the JavaFX-based SkedPal application. Secondly, he has announced the release of FlexGanttFX 1.6.
- Adam Carroll has announced the release of VocabHunter v1.0.16. VocabHunter is a system to help learners of foreign languages.