Lots of great links this week from the community. Enjoy! 🙂
- Tom Schindl announced the release of e(fx)clipse 2.4.0, which is a release primarily focused on the code editor framework.
- Michael Hoffer was interviewed about his visual programming research and other activities in the Java community.
- Robert Smith and Tony McCrary have a video online about their ‘adventures in 3D with Eclipse ICE and JavaFX‘. This includes “how the JavaFX 3D API works and lessons learned during the migration of an existing 3D tool to JavaFX 8’s 3D API.”
- Peter Rogge has published part three of his series on building SokubanFX, this time focusing on ‘stabilization from the prototype‘.
- Somehow I missed the news that Gluon released Gluon Mobile 3.0.0 on May 30th.
- Gluon announced this week the Gluon VM project, a Java VM designed to support Java 9 on mobile devices, along with AOT, JIT, and runtime interpretation modes. This was expanded on in an InfoQ article / interview by Victor Grazi.
- Jyloo Software has announced the first beta release of SyntheticaFX, a pure JavaFX library port of Synthetica for Swing.