- Carl Dea has posted about writing a JavaFX HelloWorld using Java 9’s Project Jigsaw in 60 seconds.
- David Gilbert has released a new version of JFreeSVG (a free Graphics2D-based SVG generator). Version 3.1 fixes a problem with transparency in gradient paints, improves output when drawing ellipses, and improves font measurements.
- Michael Hoffer has released VWorkflows v0.2.2.
- Peter Rogge has released a second prototype of his SokubanFX game. He has also started writing a series of articles on porting his old Swing 2D game to JavaFX.
- Gluon has announced that JavaFX Embedded now supports WebView.
- If you’re around Zürich, Switzerland on May 17th, you might be interested in attending the Custom JavaFX UI controls talk being given by Gerrit Grunwald at the Zürich JavaFX Meetup.
- Carl has posted about creating JavaFX derived fields with Bindings.concat().
FX Experience Has Gone Read-Only
I've been maintaining FX Experience for a really long time now, and I love hearing from people who enjoy my weekly links roundup. One thing I've noticed recently is that maintaining two sites (FX Experience and JonathanGiles.net) takes more time than ideal, and splits the audience up. Therefore, FX Experience will become read-only for new blog posts, but weekly posts will continue to be published on JonathanGiles.net. If you follow @FXExperience on Twitter, I suggest you also follow @JonathanGiles. This is not the end - just a consolidation of my online presence to make my life a little easier!
tl;dr: Follow me on Twitter and check for the latest news on JonathanGiles.net.