- Gluon had two big announcements this week. Firstly, that Scene Builder 8.2.0 has been released with built-in Maven repo support (for downloading control libraries, etc automatically), and secondly that JavaFX 3D support has now been added for iOS and Android devices. Very exciting.
- I interviewed Tai and Ajo from Vero Analytics on their JavaFX software that has seen a lot of interest already from Netflix and Mozilla.
- Gerrit Grunwald has published two of his ‘Friday Fun Components’, both of which look very cool.
- Rob Terpilowski has announced the release of GMapsFX 2.0.6.
- David Bimamisa has blogged about adding multi-user multi-touch capabilities to his graph editor project.
FX Experience Has Gone Read-Only
I've been maintaining FX Experience for a really long time now, and I love hearing from people who enjoy my weekly links roundup. One thing I've noticed recently is that maintaining two sites (FX Experience and JonathanGiles.net) takes more time than ideal, and splits the audience up. Therefore, FX Experience will become read-only for new blog posts, but weekly posts will continue to be published on JonathanGiles.net. If you follow @FXExperience on Twitter, I suggest you also follow @JonathanGiles. This is not the end - just a consolidation of my online presence to make my life a little easier!
tl;dr: Follow me on Twitter and check for the latest news on JonathanGiles.net.
Great news about Scene Builder! Congrats for GluonTeam
Thanks for the update! And it’s great to see the work progressing on the Scene Builder.