Hi all. This is my last post until mid July, as I am away on vacation until then and won’t be able to keep current with all that is happening in the JavaFX world. Apologies, but I hope to see you all again in a months time! 🙂 Now, on with the links.
- David Gilbert has announced the release of JFreeSVG 3.0. JFreeSVG is a ‘fast and lightweight API for creating SVG content in Java’, and this release features a number of improvements.
- Gluon have announced a developer preview of the Gluon Charm library (and corresponding Gluon Cloud service). This library is intended to provide APIs for creating cross-platform mobile applications in Java with a ‘material design’ look, whilst also being able to access the hardware of various devices in a platform-neutral way. Disclosure: as of recently, I am on the advisory board for Gluon.
- Rob Terpilowski has posted a MVC tutorial that uses the NetBeans Rich Client Platform (RCP) and JavaFX.
- Tai Hu from Vero Analytics has blogged about why they chose to use JavaFX in their products.
- Tobias Jonas has created KeyboardFX, a ‘minimalistic keyboard event framework for all JavaFX keyboard events’.
- Sylwia Dorota Kedzia has a post on how to enable Text to Speech in JavaFX and Swing Applications.
- Carl has a post on how to configure Guice to work with JavaFX.
- Tyler Coles has a post on ‘building reactive apps on JavaFX‘.
That’s all for this month. See you all sometime mid-to-late July when I get back home again! 🙂
I just saw that teamtreehouse.com is going to release a JavaFX video series. It says that it will be released sometime in August.
Sorry this is so off topic, but is there a JavaFX forum on which to post questions or should I post to a size like StackOverflow?