Two weeks until JavaOne – now I’m starting to get excited (and also overwhelmed by how much preparation I still have to do!). On with the links! 🙂
- Danno Ferrin has announced the release of version 8.1 of the Maven JavaFX Plugin.
- Jens Deters has released MQTT.fx 0.0.9.
- Vinumeris has announced that an alpha version of Lighthouse is now open source. Lighthouse is a “decentralised, peer to peer crowdfunding application that uses the smart contracts features of the Bitcoin protocol. It lets you create projects and pledge to those projects.” They have also announced the open sourcing of UpdateFX, which is a “small, simple automatic online update framework for JavaFX applications.”
- I published another JavaOne interview, this time with Johan Vos.
- I posted a quick book review of the Mastering JavaFX 8 Controls book that was recently published.
- Gerrit Grunwald has posted about another ‘Friday Fun Component’ he has built: a ‘minimal clock‘.
- Canoo staff have posted video summaries of what they will be presenting at JavaOne, including Dierk Koenig, Michael Heinrichs, and Hendrik Ebbers.
- With JavaOne now less than two weeks away, people are continuing to post on their sessions, as well as sessions they are looking forward to. Some links I’ve found include: Hendrik Ebbers talking about his sessions (it’s a different video than above), Hendrik Ebbers giving a sneak peak at his ‘Enterprise JavaFX’ session demonstration, and Michael Hoffer has a post summarising his sessions.
- This week I came across FXDesktopSearch, a desktop search application written in Java / JavaFX.
Catch you all next week.