Hi all – welcome to this weeks roundup. I hope you find something to enjoy! 🙂
- Developer preview releases of JavaFX 2.2 b11 and Scene Builder 1.0 b41 are now available for download.
- JFXtras for JavaFX 2.0 has finally arrived! The first release of JFXtras Labs (the incubator for JFXtras) has been made available. I interviewed four of the members of the JFXtras team recently too.
- Gerrit Grunwald has blogged about one of the new components in JFXtras Labs 0.1: a LCD display.
- Tom Schindl has created a proof of concept of SWT running on top of JavaFX (in effect, it is the SWT API with JavaFX rendering).
- Following on from the release of Scenic View 1.0 last week, Scenic View 1.0.1 was released to improve performance in some situations, and to also fix a few bugs that were discovered after the release of 1.0.
- Michael Heinrichs has posted his for his talk ‘JavaFX for Business Application Developers‘.
- Speaking of business applications, Jim Weaver has posted part two of his series on best practices for JavaFX 2.0 enterprise applications (although we are well past 2.0 now!).
- Anton Epple has released a new NetBeans plugin that converts SVG images into FXML for use inside your JavaFX applications.
- Mohamed Sanaulla has posted about how the introduction of lambdas in Java 8 will impact JavaFX. Namely, the use of single abstract method interfaces for almost all interfaces in JavaFX allows for immediate use of closures in these situations, once Java 8 rolls around.
That’s us for another week! Catch you next week 🙂