Wow – this weeks post has a number of really good links for people who are interested in JavaFX. Let’s get right into them!
- Just a reminder: Stuart Marks is presenting at the Silicon Valley JavaFX Users Group on April 14 at the Oracle headquarters in Redwood Shores. Remember, you can also watch the presentation live online, time zones permitting 🙂 For those that don’t know Stuart, he is a member of the JavaFX Controls team, and he’s been at Sun nearly as long as I (Jonathan) have been alive (give or take one year) 🙂
- Rakesh Menon has created a modal dialog in JavaFX, and it actually works very nicely (with the constraints present in JavaFX 1.2). Check it out if you need a modal dialog for your application.
- Stephen Chin has announced the release of JFXtras 0.6, which is a long time in the making and as such has a heap of new stuff. Check out Stephen’s post to find out more details. Somewhat embarrassingly my menu control turns up in there. Apologies in advance to anyone using that set of controls 🙂 As noted elsewhere, improved menu controls turn up as previews in JavaFX 1.3.
- Speaking of new JavaFX controls, I stumbled upon the MindFusion UI Pack for JavaFX this week which is a commercial controls pack for JavaFX. My only comment: be weary as to whether this’ll work in JavaFX 1.3 before splashing out some cold hard cash for it.
- Eric J Bruno has published an article on Dr Dobbs titled ‘JavaFX Database Programming with Java DB‘.
- A new release of the JavaFX Plugin for Eclipse has been released, taking it up to version 1.2.4.
That’s things for another week – I hope you enjoyed these links. As always, keep up the hard work folks and I’ll catch you all in a weeks time.